Alex Manos is a leading specialist in functional medicine and we have a great talk about my work with children with gut health problems and the link with behavioural, developmental and learning problems plus mental health challenges.
This includes a discussion of common underlying influences of various conditions including autism and OCD. If you are the more technical type, this one is for you.
Do have a listen and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Alex Manos is a leading functional medicine practitioner, and life coach. Visit his web site here.
- Early Disruption of the Microbiome Leading to Decreased Antioxidant Capacity and Epigenetic Changes: Implications for the Rise in Autism: click here
- Clinical and Molecular Characteristics of Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Autism Spectrum Disorder: click here
- Dietary Considerations in Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Potential Role of Protein Digestion and Microbial Putrefaction in the Gut-Brain Axis: click here
- The Role of Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Developmental Psychopathology: A Systematic Review on Early Psychosis, Autism, and ADHD: click here
- “WHAT’S BUGGING THE GUT IN OCD?” A REVIEW OF THE GUT MICROBIOME IN OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDER: click here
- N-Acetyl Cysteine and Vitamin D Supplementation in Treatment Resistant Obsessive-compulsive Disorder Patients: A General Review: click here
- Could dietary glutamate be contributing to the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder?: click here
- Efficacy of a Gluten-Free Diet in the Gilles de la Tourette Syndrome: A Pilot Study: click here
- A prebiotic intervention study in children with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs): click here
- Associations between Diet, Dietary and Oral Hygiene Habits with Caries Occurrence and Severity in Children with Autism at Dammam City, Saudi Arabia: click here
- Pathophysiology of autism spectrum disorders: revisiting gastrointestinal involvement and immune imbalance: click here